It’s that time of year when people ask what I’d like for Christmas, so I’ve started the annual list. It helps to reference past year’s lists because I just can’t think of much, so I’ve been looking through those and getting a good laugh.
It turns out my yearly Christmas lists provide a pretty good insight into what I was interested in that year. And if you know me, you know my interests come and go quickly. It’s also a fun look back at the technology of yesteryear.
Here’s a fun visit into Chad’s psyche via Christmas lists:
- Mark Ecko t-shirts – Yes, these were in at the time! I actually used the word “cool” in my description so purchasers would know what to look for. :)
- iPhone 3Gs – Nope, I didn’t get it. :(
- A book light – Clearly this was before I started reading predominantly on the iPad.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens – Before I mostly lost interest in photography.
- Keychain flash drive – How quaint! Remember those? :)
- Vegetarian/Vegan cookbooks – Ah yes, this was the year I became semi-vegetarian. That actually lasted an entire year – not bad!
- Xbox Kinect – Got it, used it once or twice. Great potential, but Microsoft dropped the ball on game support.
- Wireless network adapters for Xbox 360 and PS3 – Can you believe they used to sell video game systems without wi-fi built-in?
- Lots of books – Apparently I was on a reading binge.
- Mac and iOS programming books – Yep, I actually got a good ways through those but never built anything of my own with the knowledge.
- Chiropractic sessions – I guess this was when my back really started bugging me.
- Nose hair trimmer – Tee hee!
- Clothing and clothing gift cards – This must have been when I finally became sartorially inclined.
- Books on philosophy – I’d been listening to philosophy courses on iTunes U and wanted to continue my studies. I don’t think I actually read any of the books I received. :(
- Small household items – That’s right, we got a new house that year!
- Investing and Finance books – That’s when I decided to become a millionaire. I kinda lost interest in that too. ;)
- Clothing and clothing gift cards – Wow, this interest lasted over multiple Christmases!
So what am I into in 2014?
- Clothing and clothing gift cards – Yup, I think this is a permanent addition. One can always use new clothing, and for some reason this is a “responsible” thing to ask for that people don’t mind buying.
- Beyond that, I don’t know. I’m pretty happy with what I have. Still, I’ll try and come up with something. After all, that’s what Christmas is all about! ;)